All release material should be delivered according to the Marketing and Visual Guideline made from the Big Brief together with Rexius. Rexius Records has the right to deny any material which does not meet the requirements both qualitative and technical.
If possible, take photos with a camera instead of a cell phone. Never ever edit in a mobile app. The quality of the exports from these apps is mostly really bad. If your photographer can not edit the photos for you, let us know and we will see what we can do!
When exporting the photographs post-editing, make sure to get them in both high-resolution and low-resolution straight from the photographer. When you make your own low-resolution photographs you usually end up with an insane quality loss since you’re shrinking an already compressed JPG file. Also, make sure they email them to you — do not send them over Facebook messenger. Facebook is Lucifer himself when it comes to image compression.
Uploading photos to the drive folder means you give us the right to use these photos in any marketing effort.
If you need some inspiration for your press photos, check out our inspiration moodboard!
Press photo delivery
Must always be delivered in high-resolution JPEG. Best quality sRGB Color Mode. Minimum height or width of 3000px. Please don’t upscale images, make sure you get the images in the right quality, to begin with. If you’re unable to do this, send an email to your Art Director and make sure to explain why.
- Two Press Photos per single, three per album.
- At least one should be in landscape, and at least one should be in portrait.
- If possible, please deliver both high resolution (HR) (around 6mb) and low resolution (LR) suited for the web (around 400 kb).
- All the photos have this file name structure:
- [Artist Name] – [Short Description] – ([HR/LR]) – [Photographer]
- Example: Rolling Stones – Logo – HR – Kalles Photography
- Remember to deliver everything into the Visual Google Drive Folder named Visuals>Press Photos
- When the files are delivered, you grant Rexius Records the right to use all the visuals in promotion, distribution, and other reasonable efforts as well as the right to give others the same right.
- We will credit the photographer if the photographer wants to. If the photographer would like to be tagged with social accounts in social posts, this information needs to be sent to us.